With the world’s largest South-South PhD and postdoctoral research fellowship programme, TWAS helps early-career researchers to gain education and experience at top science institutions. TWAS currently offers about 160 PhD fellowships, in conjunction with eight partners in six countries, and about 100 postdoctoral fellowships in conjunction with nine partners in five countries.
To expedite the submission of your application, please, follow the recommendation below:
- Applications can be submitted only through the online portal and only once the call for the programme of your choice is open.
- To start your application, use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of the programme of your choice.
- Candidates need to upload, along with their application, a preliminary acceptance letter issued in the same year of the application itself by their chosen host institution. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the acceptance letter from the chosen host institutions as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call of the programme of their choice.
- The opening and closing dates of each programme are specified on each programme page.
- Applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio.
- Applicants may not visit another institution in that year under any other TWAS programme.
No results for this research.